Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Drunk

Rose Petal Ice Cream and Boracay. Very similar to Strawberry and Mocha Ice Cream. I remember reading once that the Rose plant and Strawberry plant belong to the same family. I dunno how true this is though since my memory is very unreliable. Boracay on the other hand is a drink that has a little choco, a little gin, a little coffee, and a lot of milk. The difference between Mocha Ice Cream and Boracay is that Boracay leaves you warm and tingly.

When you're drunk (or at least half-drunk) nothing else registers in your mind except for your most current thought. Along with this thought is a list of references to past experiences and recollection/readings directly or indirectly connected to the thought. But like an Mp3 player on intro play mode, these thoughts whiz by so fast that you barely have time to finish a trail of thought to form a coherent sentence. Hence the incoherence of drunks.

Last night I drank as much as I could. My limits were the boarding house curfew and my host's budget. Last night, I learned why people resort to drinking.

People try quelling their emotions and they are so conscious of the quelling that it has become uncomfortable to release emotions. The only way to feel unguilty about such emotions is to drink on it and not think about it. This si also possible with self-hypnosis (though I think the drunk are in some ways, in a state of hypnosis) Then the emotions will flow free with the drunken singing of "My Way". It is a cult. A cult of people who have realized they do not have the right to feel. Feelings are only for the stars of the show that is Life. Unfortunately, we're all just extras. The stars of the show only drink to get drunk enough to do each other and panic about it the morning after. So I say, to all beer drinkers:

Pour this ale
Onto my thirsty heart
Let it sate
The thirst for love

Let is sate
The thirst
That can never
be quelled

let it sate
my thirst for love

No comments: