Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Chain Letter Conspiracy Theory

From Boredom came an Idea- Pregenesis

Why are chain letters spread so desperately when they are useless? I don't think it's for evangelical purposes since most of the time, the content of these letters even mock the religion that is represented.

These letters usually end in threats if the reciever doesn't forward the letter in a matter of how many days. There are even examples of the fate one could fall into when one does not comply with the sender's wishes.

I've recieved a letter or two and forgot to send them, but I didn't die. Nobody wrote down that I had choked on a piece of bubblegum 3 days after doodling on a letter and sent it around again. I have a feeling these letters are more than what they seem. What if these letters have secret codes in them?

The sender wants to spread the code as far and as wide as possible, ala Da Vinci Code ba. So that the wise would see through the deception and decode the letter for it's true message.

This theory has yet to be tested. First, I need a real chain letter. Second, I need to figure out how to decode it.

Zyra added to the drama by suggesting that the threats were real, but they'd only come true AFTER you decode the letter... dumdumdumdummmmm

No comments: