Friday, September 12, 2008

Migraine

Been swamped with schoolwork. Been too busy to blog, cept I couldn't resist not sharing the ff:

1.) After a LONG long day yesterday, I realized I left the keys inside my room. Nobody was awake, and it woulda been rude to wake people up just because I locked myself out of a room. Problem was, my clothes were inside and I was supposed to wear something snappy for a presentation the next day; Felix needed charging; I was supposed to edit an ad for said presentation; and I hadn't had any sleep the previous night editing a different ad for the same thing.

I took it out on the door, thinking "Here's how I find out how high my Str is...". I twisted and turned the knob, hoping it'd come loose in my hand. I gave up eventually, and sighed aloud "Will you not yield to my Cha at least and pity me?" and pushed the door. It swung open. Cool. No wonder I couldn't imagine spending the night away from the comfort of my newly changed sheets (read: fresh from the laundry). It wasn't going to happen ^__^

2.) We did a photoshoot for an adoption and foster care campaign for DSWD. We were worried the kids wouldn't be cute enough on their own, so we asked the DSWD person to have them wear white pampers beforehand.

Boy what a misconception. The kids were adorable as hell.

One pale girl with huge eyes and brown hair had a small smile when we knocked on the door, but as soon as she saw the whole lot of us, her smile disappeared. She stared at us determinedly for the next hour we were there. I thought they didn't make kids like those. She must've been 1 or 2 years old.

One boy took my headband from me and fitted it on himself like a crown. For the first few minutes, he paraded round the playroom with his arms curved in front of him. Lulz, heads up emperorsandata, someone's out to get your throne. Even the empress agrees ^___^

There was a whole slew of tots that made an impression. There was one we called "Butchik Baby" because she had the small ruby lips and the curls, one bald little thing that just sat in a corner and looked up at you in what I imagined to be an amused look. If he could say something, it might have been a "Sup?". There was the beautiful baby girl who made a very pretty picture and looked a lot like Ate Miki's baby (she was left at Sto Nino daw). There was the basagulero who always had something hard to hit you with, and there was Ara Jr.

I was busy hanging out with "Sup" baby when Karen came over and sat down, telling me the baby she was holding wouldn't be let down. The kid turned to me with outstretched arms. I obliged. Pretty soon we were sticking our tongues out at the mirror. Fast learning kid, good mimic too. At first, I thought the baby was a boy, with thick yet closely cropped hair, and very long eyelashes. Baby had a middle eastern look to it. For sometime, I just stood there, with the baby resting it's head over my shoulder. I asked someone what his name was. I was told it was "Lara". I was thinking "What an unfortunate name for a little boy..."

I thought she'd fallen asleep, til Frohlein took a picture and showed me what she was doing. The little thing was staring up at Froh's lens with a finger in her mouth and huge puppy dog eyes. What a camwhore. Manipulative too. She pointed to the window several times to me, as if asking me "Take me home", and then she'd kill me with her big thick lashed eyes. I looked at her and wondered whether it was wise for college students with barely enough money and time to adopt. Unfortunately that's the very reason why teenage pregnancies isn't a good idea in the first place.

I spent the rest of our stay with Lara, and none of us wanted to leave. But we had a presentation to make at 9, and I hadn't even gotten into my business casual yet. So after diverting her attention from myself to a toy (believe me, the deception hurt like hell), I kissed her one last time and said bye bye. She stopped smiling and looked at me, then she held onto my leg.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

"She wants me" has taken a totally different level.

I'm going back one of these days.

And oh yeah, on Guitar Hero? I was able to play with Pangs and Frohlein. I prefer the console for some reason... so that's not what I'm gonna be doing the next time I get free time... I'll be window shopping at DSWD. Lulz.

I enrolled for voice lessons today too.

And I'm having the worst migraine I've had in my entire life. It started this afternoon at around 5.

No comments: