Monday, March 02, 2009

Bida Complex; Meeting The Cast (for documentation purposes)

What was originally a file exchange session with Nica turned into a cast meet up. Lol.

The dude I got to play Nick previously turned out to be too stiff beside Guada. And Nick's supposed to be the laid back one, so I had to look for another one. Turns out, Nichole knew a guy all this time and just never considered him til the last minute. Desperation is wonderful sometimes.

The guy's name is Carlo Alonso. Nica told me to look his friendster up, and I wasn't really getting anything cept that yes, he was tall and dorky looking, until I saw one particular picture. It was of the Tin Man from the Witches of Oz disaster a couple years back (2007), and I remember that he was one of the few things I liked about that play. I did a little bit more research and found out his sarcastic lines were all ad libbed (win!!!). Nica also mentioned that he could pull off Asshole because he already was one. I was sold. I PMed him right away and asked Ate Chai for back up. This morning, he confirmed, saying he was very interested. For some reason, Nica didn't want me to tell him what part she was playing in the production.

So the Nick problem was only partly solved. I had to meet him irl and I needed to see him and Nica together.

As for Rome, I got Mr Cebu 2008 candidate Bassanio Causin Jr. He's never acted for an indie, but since he passed the only requirement for this role (looking good enough to eat right Nica?), he was in.

Bass said he was free that afternoon, and since I was going out to meet Nica at Coffee Dream anyway, I told him to meet us there.

He showed up smelling prettier than Nica and me (naulaw ko), but he made up for it by being very unassuming. He had to leave to go to class tho, leaving me and Nica waiting for Carlo (who said he'd catch up at the last minute).

Carlo arrived, and he turned out very easy to talk to. He easily figured out the psychological framework for the character. He even had the nuances figured out, which was cool, since I didn't have to spoonfeed anymore. We just hung out, transferred outside when it got darker and cooler outside, and just talked. Nica and Carlo were easily Guada and Nick (love-hate relationship much XD), and they even did on the spot improvs of their scripts. They're both witty, so it was great.

Pangs caught up, and we all ended up just talking and talking, ending up going for grub at the corner carenderia. After sitting at the balcony for a while, the boys went home.

Also, a bunch of friends have agreed to play minor roles (watch out for Anton and Heno, hehehe). I still haven't gotten anyone to play the moms tho, and these roles are proving to be the hardest to fill out.

No comments: