Sunday, March 29, 2009

Turning Epic

In barely 2 weeks, I'll be in Malapascua with the family, since one of my cousin's celebrating his birthday a day before mine, and he lives in Manila where the beach is a distant dream. So much for locking myself up for the day. In the following weeks, I'll be too busy filming my thesis to be able to contemplate on what turning 2 decades older means for me.

It'll no longer be just about farming mobs in the field anymore. If ever, the monsters will only be bigger, the hurdles more brutal, but it'll take more than just chance and charm to get through. Chance will become an imaginary friend, charm will no longer be default, and comfort will become a luxury. The great part about growing up is that options expand. The hard part is that I can't just lie in bed when I'm tired of the world because I can no longer expect anyone to put food on my table/cook/clean for me anymore.

In a few weeks, I'll be working on my driver's license. In a few months, I'll be mulling over car expenses. In a year, I'll be worrying about paychecks, or if all goes according to plan, I'll be worrying about what sort of income-generating-gimmick to pull off. In a few years, if I don't end up in a nuthouse, I'll have formed a nest of sorts, with partner and child or sans both. I'll be well on my way towards middle life crisis. Etc etc etc...

And there's no stopping time, and there's no way I can help it.

But it doesn't mean I can't enjoy the ride either. Tweenies, here I come.

No comments: