Monday, December 01, 2008

I crave, therefore I am

Late yesterday afternoon, I was online, wanting a bath (no water), when Nichole(diputangbakukang)'s stat message got to me. She was talking about the gloriousness that is yogurt. And I was wondering how Myats and my other classmates who'd gone to Manila were doing earlier, and if they'd gone to Yogurbud.

Pretty soon, I was drooling over the idea of frozen yogurt and hot cinnamon loaves... :E

When the water returned, I got bathed and met up with Paolo (nas0ren) and Nica at coffee dream for a food trip.

First stop was Vibe's, behind the Cebu Doc Hospital. I had their herb and spices chicken with beryani rice. The herb and spices chicken is great on its own (the spices go all the way to the bone... mhmm), but coupled with beryani rice and saffron sauce, it was HEAVENLY!!!!

Then we walked the length of the highway looking for yogurt and cinnamon bread. It was past 10, and the first thing we found was the bread. The yogurt was elusive.

We went to the gas station convenience stores and found not what we were looking for. We went across fuente circle to get to Mercury Drug. They had a ref with a promotional sticker of Nestle yogurt, but all it had inside was chamyto.

We walked on to Mango to check out the stores there. Still no yogurt. Hopped onto a cab and headed to the Mabolo korean convenience store to check if they had yogurt apart from Melona. On the way, Nica made us choose: Would you rather be/date a punk rocker with a lisp or an emo?

Lithpth are cute. :3

At the Korean convenience store, there was no yogurt, and no Melon Melona (!!!!)

We walked all the way uphill, and found Mango yogurt at 8 to 8, a convenience store/drinking place that allegedly sells the best fried kangkong in town. But Nica and I wouldnt settle for less. So we walked onwards, ending up in Sykes, and still finding nothing, dejectedly settled for 12-peso jelly pops. Eugh. We concluded that someone with a car had the same cravings we did, bought all the yogurt from Mercury drug store and all the Melona from the Korean convenience store T_T

Then Anton (overkill001) arrived on his mighty black steed *cough clit cough*. We went to Banilad. At the first convenience store, as I approached the refrigerators, I crossed my fingers while Nica chanted "yogurtyogurtyogurtyogurt". And IT WAS THERE!!!!

We all ended up in IT park, having a yogurt picnic on my cloak (effective blanket it made) while browsing igat girl bands. It wasn't excatly what I had in mind (Anton ate most of the cinnamon back at Sykes since I'd assumed we weren't going to get any yogurt at all), but the effort made the yogurt taste better.


No comments: