Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Xmasness

I went to mass with the family tonight since mommy's choir was going to be singing christmas carols. The priest gave a funny story in the middle of his sermon. It wasn't meant to be funny, but my mind does weird things to information. The story he told was of San Antonio de Padua. According to the priest, San Antonio opened the doors for carollers when he was still a little kid. One day, he opened the door to a kid his age. The kid had a sack with him. This is the conversation that ensued:

Antonio: You want bread?
Kid with sack: *shakes head* I want something else
Antonio: Whachu got in the sack?
Kid with sack: *opens sack, full of human hearts* I want your heart
Antonio: ...


YOU MUST BE JESUS!


Remember kids, the next time some stranger asks for any of your vital organs, you have to readily offer it, along with your life and your soul, and those of your family members. Merry Xmas ;)

Also, my good friend Zy pointed out that
1. There were no carollers round the parts where Antonio de Padua grew up. Carollers, btw, are Francis of Assisi's fault. This piece of info is c/o my good friend Zyra
2. Anthony grew up in a wealthy household. They had DOORMEN to open gates; then doors for carollers. If there were any carollers. Which there weren't.


~~~

I wonder where my brother went with my christmas money...

No comments: