Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Because the world is round

http://zeid620.multiply.com/video/item/23/Dama_de_Noche?replies_read=13

My daughter, Gabi, has uploaded the Lakas Tama performance. I realized a few things:
1.) It's okay for me not to smile during performance
2.) I need a choreographer
3.) I need exercise (gahd, look at those arms)
4.) I should've worn that white long sleeved polo like I originally intended to

Cook Out is over, and nao I'm off to mull over other things. A conversation involving sex drugs and violence last night gave birth to an idea for a play. In order to focus on this idea, I'm letting go of my original thesis proposal and giving this a shot, mainly because I wouldn't have to go through too much trouble just to get it funded.

It's a filipino culture themed fantasy, cept it involves sex drugs and violence. No real drugs though, but the way certain people act, you'd think they were on drugs. There will be a little incest, a war, a few babies, and much much blood.

I'm announcing this on behalf of the ACT UP core group, that I've been demoted from Asst Chairperson to Floor Director, which means I'm heading this project (since it IS my thesis after all), and that we shall be having an emergency meeting tomorrow at lunch at the canteen, which will be followed by a fleshing out of the script for those who're interested in joining the scriptwriting and researching committee. Once the script's fleshed out (the backbone's pretty sturdy already), we'll be holding auditions and workshops.

No comments: