Thursday, August 21, 2008

So much for "Where the wind takes me"

Leaving has become trendy atm. My good friend Heno has left for the tumultous lands of Mindanao to seek his fortune because he was tired. Then my high school best friend, Malynne's leaving for Europe, because she says she can't find a future here.

She told me about her plan, which was part wreckless, part promising, and I wonder why I hadn't thought about it. I had always wanted to go there of all places, yet I was too lazy to actually exert any effort in actually leaving.

She asked me if I wanted to come. I sincerely want to. But whenever I ask myself why I can't, I always come up with some excuse or another. I have too many responsibilities I can't just run away from. I've built walls and a roof for myself with large windows to watch my dreams float out off.

I'm not saying that I'm unhappy with the things I'm currently occupied with, I'm just saying that it isn't easy to abandon myself to "Whatever" anymore.

~~~

He's a walking short story. The type that gets published in filipino news magazines in the "fiction" section. And I'm worried about him. Half because he's my friend. Half because the situation is bleak no matter what angle you look at it from.

No comments: